Sunday, November 11, 2012

Reconnecting with the word

Can't lie, I've been loafing on my Sunday sermons since I moved back to Philadelphia. But today that hiatus finally ended.
As usual, the service at Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church was exquisite, so I figured I share an article that my classmate and I wrote last year for our Community Journalism class regarding their unprecedented growth.

At Enon: Sitting on an old mat while weaving a new one

Cars are lined up bumper-to-bumper down the street. Parking attendants are turning drivers around at the entrance gate. The immense parking lot is already full. Now both sides of the street are lined with parked vehicles. More and more people arrive, and so cars circle the block looking for anywhere to park. The families who have found a spot get out of their vehicles and begin the long trek on foot. Some carry their Bible as they approach the massive building that could be mistaken for a corporate center were it not for the cross at its peak.
For more, visit Germantown Beat

No comments:

Post a Comment