Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fun Fact: 600 club


Due to Philadelphia Phillies' Ryan Howard hitting his 300th career homerun today (second fastest player to reach the milestone), I figured I would enlighten everyone with some history this evening. 
Ergo, on this day in 1963, Willie Mays blasted his No. 600 homerun against San Diego. I'm sure this name isn't foreign to any of  my baseball followers, but just in case your memory is a bit foggy, Mays is that guy who currently sits fourth on the all-time list with 660.
The thought of Howard surpassing Mays would never float across my mind, but I'm curious where the Philly slugger will stand at the end of his career. Will he even enter into the 500 club? What are your thoughts on Mr. Howard?

1 comment:

  1. Keep this going please, great job!
    Also visit my website - Wordpress San Diego

    ReplyDelete