Saturday, May 5, 2012

Breaking it Down: Student of the Week

Check out the feature below that was written on me by Breaking it Down, a start up company that seeks to create an online community for black students. Breaking.It.Down was also recently named a Semi-Finalist in Princeton’s 2012 Entrepreneur Tiger Launch. Thank you again to Amina for selecting me as Student of the Week!

So it’s obvious that you are making some pretty serious power moves haha. But, what do you do during your down time to have fun or to relax?

It’s funny you say that, because sometimes my friends say I need to slow down and take my time. I love watching movies. And even though it’s not considered fun, I’ve really gotten into reading. The book that really got me into it was Hill Harper’s Letters to a Young Black Man. During this break I read two books, 40 Million Dollar Slaves by Bill Rhoden and Fail Up by Tavis Smiley. I think reading definitely does help me out, because I’ve heard the saying, if you ever want to hide something from a black man put it in a book. But yea, movies, reading and I’m also into fashion. One of my weaknesses is shopping; I pack like a woman haha. But yea, fashion, movies, poetry, jazz, clubs, comedy clubs. And of course church. The best thing I got over break was the sermons I went to.

Read more at Breaking.it.down

No comments:

Post a Comment